Old 09-08-2009, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default New scam which looks genuine

On Aug 9, 9:44*pm, Bob Minchin wrote:
Ophelia wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Whilst on the subject of e-mail warnings etc...

I subscribe to Hoax Slayer and get his monthly warnings/comments.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/current-issue.html

his archive of hoax mails is excellent too.

Good site! *Thanks, Bob

If you are at all suspicious of this sort of mail, hover your mouse
pointer over *the link and see where is is pointing.

True, at least also confirmed by what I think was a Sunday morning BBC
programme on electronic stuff.
Most of the links on that site show up as hoax-slayer links, except
that "Click for your download" (googleadds)

Normally the
addresses used by the scammers are very obvious and easy to spot.
The front pages may look real but the underlying links give the game away..

Bob