Old 16-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Charlie

Default Cutting Leylandi

I woud have thought that a 15 ft high Leylandii barrier between a house

and
a pub was "appropriate". Charlie may find she regrets the decision later.

Well, I live with my Dad and he owns the house. We've owned the house for
16 years and these were planted about 6 months before we moved in. You
don't need a 16ft barrier between two properties, even if one is a pub - a
7ft one is fine! Around 25% of our garden is blocked by shade by these
trees, including our greenhouse and our fruit bushed (which still seem to do
remarkable well, even if they are 15 year old black current and
loganberries!). Trust me, we WILL NOT regret cutting these awful trees
down! They're currently also pushing over our boundary fence with the pub,
almost allowing our dogs to escape.

The sooner they bring laws in governing these terrible trees, the better!

Charlie.

---