Old 10-08-2009, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
wafflycat wafflycat is offline

Default Bees

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Aug 2009 07:55:26 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

A report on radio4 this morning, asking people to keep a bee colony in
their
gardens and even on a balcony (for example) for city dwellers. How
practical is this?

Put the Beehaus next to the Egloo?
--

Don't start me on Eglus. They are far too small to keep chickens in, and
they are plastic which often gives the hens unfortunate enough to live in

I've noted that the Beehaus comes from the same manufacturers.

I hate this new idea that everyone can keep chickens in the tiniest of
gardens with an Eglu - and now it seems to be extending to bees.

Tina

Eglus are overpriced. Ok as overnight accommodation for a couple of hens if
they have access to more space to wander in during the day.

The current accommodation for the four Laydeez of Chez Wafflycat is this:-

A tonne of this
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...n150609002.jpg
with these
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...n150609001.jpg
and courtesy of Freecycle, these
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...210609002.jpg#
Came together to make
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...n006290709.jpg
And added in this
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...y010809001.jpg

And they are helping dig the foundations of the new shed..
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...thefoundat.jpg