Old 11-08-2009, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve[_30_] Steve[_30_] is offline

Default Wild Bird seed what do you use?

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:45:55 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 06:34:58 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France
wrote:

On Aug 11, 2:15*pm, Steve wrote:
I find mine seem to prefer the sunflower seed whole rather than
dehulled, they seem to enjoy removing the shell. That said it's pretty
quiet of late anyhow.

How do you find your seed mixes?

I'm also looking for decent bulk supplies say 20/25kg at a time. Any
recommendations? thnx

My local farmer sells me very cheaply sun flower seeds and other grain
that he grows, do you have a farm near you or if you see sunflower
growing in a field, maybe you could stop at the farm?

One seed produces a whole sunflower

Great when we discovered that and are now waiting for the results of
random plantings :0

Bought some blackbird/songbird mix that seems to have bits of fruit
and cornflake but I dont really think our blackies like it though the
wasps do. also bought dehulled sunflower seed mix and again I think
they prefer the seed complete as I have seen very few finches since,
but that may just be time of year.