Old 12-08-2009, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Suggestions please

On 2009-08-12 09:26:44 +0100, Derek Turner said:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:11:50 +0100, Sacha wrote:

One of the nursery staff has been growing Marmande in one of our tunnels
and they're fabulous. *Do you grow those, Bob - or indeed anyone?

Yes, I've grown them under glass - wonderful. Complete disaster outdoors
though. You'll be pleased (I hope) to hear that the Jersey Sunrise are
doing brilliantly in my allotment and I gave the spare plants to the
Rector and they are also doing very well outdoors. Can I just seed-save
from my (or his) outdoor crop or are they likely to have been cross-
pollinated?

You can seed save but hold on a bit because I've got some fresher stock
of Jersey Sunrise which my son's gardener gave us in June. *They're 3
plants which are ripening now and we're going to save seed from those
this year, instead of our older stock. *I'm sure I can spare you one or
two! * If any ripen before next week, I'll post them from Jersey
because we're coming over for 2 nights next week. *My son is renovating
his garden and wants my husband and stepson's advice on it so they're
going to be 'consultants'. *;-) *If he decides to go ahead, a couple
from here will be working there next winter/spring. *I'll be the one
with the clipboard. *;-))
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

Can I have 2 seeds also please? Also regarding W's garden, can I be
there too, I can strut around in my gold wellies giving advice on how
to kill bind weed and ground elder? :-)

Judith

Judith