Old 12-08-2009, 06:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_8_] Billy[_8_] is offline

Default less pungent alternative to onions?

In article , "OhioGuy" wrote:

I LOVE onions. I enjoy growing them, and using them in a variety of
recipes and cooking.

My wife, on the other hand, loathes them. She especially hates the smell
of them cooking, but can tolerate the taste somewhat once they are cooked.

For some time, I've been wondering if there is something similar tasting
in the gardening world that doesn't smell quite as strong when being
prepared and cooked?

We've had a lot of arguments over this. I really don't want to give up on
onions, but would be willing to try an alternative to try to make my wife
happy. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

The World Health Organization (WHO) supports the use of onions for the
treatment of poor appetite and to prevent atherosclerosis.
http://www.vegetarian-nutrition.info/updates/onions.php
--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common denominator in our exploitative economic system.*
~Channing E. Phillips

http://tinyurl.com/o63ruj
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm