Old 16-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Shelly

Default Rip Van Winkle Daffodils

"paghat" wrote in message
news
I think they're SUPPOSED to naturalize; but mine also bloomed less well
the second year than the first year. All the bushes in that area got so
much bigger, so I assumed it was because the daffodils didn't get as much
sun for this season.

Sorry to hear you had the same problem!

Mine still get the same amount of sun this year as they did last, so (here
at least) I am thinking that is not the issue. Also, I let the foliage die
back naturally last summer, so they should have done fine there, too.

I did not add any bulb fertilizer last year, so I will try that this time
around. I hope it helps, because they really were among my favorites last
spring!