Old 13-08-2009, 12:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Identification: Plant - big, deep purple flowers,floweringnow.

On 8/13/09 1:01 AM, in article , "Val"
wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
I'm leaning toward salvia as well - I have a gift plant that is a hardy
salvia that has that shiny leaf.

Maybe its a tropical...

It is salvia. I had a big clump like that in my old garden (zone 8). The
hummingbirds loved it. About every three years or so I'd chop it into 3-4
pieces, give away all but one hunk to be replanted. It was a lovely
indestructible.

Val

Do recall which one it was. There are only a few I can grow in my zone 5
garden and have live. (them winter winds really scour the long bed)

Cheryl