Old 13-08-2009, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default weedkiller and lawn (maybe a silly question...)

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On 12 Aug, 10:35, PA wrote:
Thanks!

(and yes I have 2 big compost bins!)

I wouldnt spray for at least a week after cutting, remember when you
cut you are reducing the leaf area of the weeds you wish to kill, so
the more leaf area the better the results.
After spraying I'd leave cutting till you see the weeds looking very
sick, dump the grass clipings from at least the first 2 cuttings after
treatment, better to be safe than sorry
David Hill

or if possible, mulch the clippings back on to the lawn.

rob