Old 13-08-2009, 08:35 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Aerator vs duckweed

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:01:22 EDT, Galen Hekhuis
wrote:

As requested, here is what the pond looks two days after I threw in
the aerator from the bank.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...g122009004.jpg
I know it doesn't look like much, but I really don't expect anything
in a hurry. In the time lapse photos you can see the duckweed blanket
move back and forth, east and west, or left and right as you look at
the picture, some 8-9 times a day. In the background, it seems like
cracks may be beginning to form, but maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Odd thing about duckweed around here. Grows like crazy in some tanks and
not so much in others... oh wait, fish that eat it. ;-) You know though...
even if you have an otter, I bet some goldfish could keep away from it.
Especially if you put in a big school of them. A few dark babies are bound
to stay dark and be safe. What else currently attracts the otter food-wise?
You're just in the hobby of extreme ponding, kind of like those of us who
do extreme bird-feeding (when the hawk visits your bird feeder).
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us