Old 14-08-2009, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Wild Bird seed what do you use?

"Sacha" wrote
On 2009-08-12 22:30:31 +0100, "Spider" said:
snip

I once saw a Greater Spotted Woodpecker feeding her young in an old
dead
tree in our local wood. Magical ... unlike the pictures we tried to
take
:~{.

It's the Greater Spotted that we've seen on the tree here but someone
saw a green near here last week, though we haven't seen it yet. Hope
we do.

*is quietly smug about having both kinds visiting the garden*

I do have to admit we don't see the Greater Spotted ones quite so often
though. The green ones regularly visit, sometimes to drink at the
birdbath and quite often poking around in the lawn, presumably after the
ants. And more power to them - we always seem to have ant nests all over
the place.

--
Sue