Old 14-08-2009, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Wild Bird seed what do you use?

"Sacha" wrote
Luck you to see them so often.

yes, I do feel privileged to have them around.

It's very, very intermittent here and always causes a lot of
excitement when we hear that hammering noise. I've always thought it
a bit strange that someone living across the churchyard from us often
had woodpeckers on the peanut feeder in her garden and we never saw
them do that here, although we have several such feeders.

Yes, odd that, unless perhaps your garden is a busier place? They do
seem to be very shy birds and more easily spooked than our other garden
birds. If we see one of either sort it will fly off immediately it spots
the slightest human movement.
--
Sue