Old 16-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Wilting Maple Leaves

In a message dated 4/16/2003 12:05:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Anyone know what would cause initially healthy new growth on

a maple to
suddenly start to wilt?

I don't think I overwatered. The soil is well-draining.
It's actually
happened to 2 out of 4 maples I have. Could it be fungal?

And Michael said:

If the tree has been exposed to cold evenings, this condition

is understandable; otherwise and unfortunately, it could be root
zone damage from the winter.

I add:

It could also be a couple of funguses. Can you describe what is
happening in a bit more detail? Is the wilt general? Just very
new growth at tips of branches? Branch-by-branch? Doe the
leaves turn brown? Black? Crispy?

Which maples? Trident? Japanese? Swamp? Other?

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - Our life is
David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: