Old 15-08-2009, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Wild Bird seed what do you use?

"robert" wrote
We have both kinds and they have very separate feeding habits.

The GSW's (just a male at the moment) visit the feeding station in the
rear garden several times each day where they eat peanuts and copious
amounts of fat cake.

The Green only feeds on the front lawn (20+ ant nests) but frequently
goes on to remind the neighbourhood of its presence, with unmistakable
screeching, from high up in next doors oak trees.

I remember watching while one adult GSW brought two red-headed
youngsters to sample the offerings at our peanut feeder and that was
lovely. Normally we only see one at a time.

The Greens certainly do screech, don't they - rather like a wild
maniacal laugh, I always think. Which is rather appropriate as they
frequently go 'up the pole' on a telegraph pole in the field behind us,
just as if it was only another tree. Well I suppose it was once.

--
Sue