Old 16-08-2009, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
len[_3_] len[_3_] is offline

Default Terra Preta, our own version

g'day bigal,

sorry to say my friend i have looked up t/p and bio-char and it still
is slash and burn technology just look behind the picture like we
should always, read between the lines, use common sense, on the common
sense scale it doesn't even make sense creating more pollution to make
it let alone chopping down our remaining forests(that do more to suck
up co2 than any charcoal ever could) to use something that could take
a thousand years to do anything. simply recycling garden and household
waste into the gardens doesn't cause immidiate visible smelly
pollution. take a look at my permacultuer essay i have their links
clearly showing the clear felling and pollution they cause. science is
dealing the world a gosamer suit read the emporers new clothes that
equates well to it.

if the gov isn't interested then for this one io say they have gotten
it right.

and those windmills will never deliver, you see wind is nature and you
cannot rely upon it being where you want it when you want it, and the
reason they are backed so heavily money, money money. saw something on
tv where like high tension power lines and mobile phones people who
live near them also suffer. in australia more would be gained in co2
control if they re-habilitated toe destroyed habitat where they are
putting these, so nothin windmills.

i don't think you or anyone is a crackpot just easily led by feel good
methods that won't deliver.

so maybe you may need to give this a hard critical look??

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 15:03:41 +0100, Bigal
wrote:

snipped