Old 16-08-2009, 11:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
DirtBag DirtBag is offline

Default Raised Beds

Hi,

My present plot is 6'x12'. The 6' side is up against a fence, and the
12' side is up against the house. Yup, I'm walking through the garden to
tend to the veggies. Not good.

I'm planning on installing some raised beds next year.

I'm planning two beds:
1) 2'x12', up against the house
2) 3'x12', set 1' away from the other bed.

This way I can access the 2' bed, from one side, and the 3' bed from both
sides.

However, this leaves a 1' path between in which to walk?

Does this 1' seem wide enough? Should I narrow my 3' bed to 2' and spend
the remaining foot widening the path?

Any guidance appreciated.