Old 17-08-2009, 01:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
EJ Willson EJ Willson is offline

Default Marigolds and cross pollination

I grew three colors of small Marigold this year (Yellow, Orange and
Orange/Red bi-color). The seed heads from the three different colors
have been saved separately; all yellow seed heads in one bag, orange in
another etc. Next year when I plant the new seed can I expect the sead
heads from the orange flowers to produce orange flowers, and the yellow
to only produce yellow etc., or will the colors be all mixed up? The
different color flowers were planted about thirty feet apart.

TIA,
EJ in NJ