Old 17-08-2009, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default Raymond |Hubbard

On 2009-08-15 15:48:31 +0100, Dave Hill
said:

This is a transcription of an item in Horticulture Week 14th August

Plant breeder, horticultural pioneer, one time MI5 suspect and owner
of Hill House Nursery Raymond Hubbard is celebrating 60 years in
horticulture this year.
snip

That was very sweet of you, Dave! Ray's had a good 60 years and been
lucky to work at something he loves every day of his working life - except
maybe National Service. ;-))

National service changed my life completely and forever, not that I enjoyed
it particularly, but there I met a fellow who introduced me to electronics,
and if it wasn't for him, I would not be able to annoy you all in these
newsgroups!(:-)

Alan