Old 16-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Bob H

Default cat problems, again

Hi,
its not just the urine that the cats do, but leaving turds as well, and then
attempting to cover them up, which does really pong after a short while.
For the moment, I am trying a cure given in the link from Ophelia above. That is
pushing in short (pea) sticks about every 8/10 inches in the "pooing" areas along my
borders.
I'll give that a week or so, and then review the situation

I have already planted some Pyra..... something or other plants ( the ones with
coloured berries and thorns), just last backend, so we'll see how they work out

Thanks
--
Bob H
Leeds UK

"andrewpreece" wrote in message
I can't say that I've tried it (yet), but I did hear that, cats being
territorial animals,
and scentmarking being a big thing in the catworld, that pi**ing in all the
places that
the cat likes to p**s puts them off. Ladies, as well as being at a slight
disadvantage
as to scentmarking your borders compared to men, it is alleged that
testosterone
in the urine is a key deterrent component so it may not be worth the effort
on your part.
Urine is supposed to be a good accelerant for the compost heap too, all that
nitrogen in the urea.
Otherwise, it's sticks pushed into the ground at close intervals,
brushwood, sticks and thorns
laid on the ground, with a scattering of orange peel for good measure.
=====
"Bob H" wrote in message
Hi,
I know this question has been asked before, but I can't recall the

answers given.

On both borders, front and back, between my property and my next door

neighbour, cats
are using them as toilets.

I have tried a couple of types of pellets, can't remember what the names

are now, and
now I am trying water in clear plastic containers. That seemed to have

worked so so,
for a short while, but this evening I have found that it no longer stops

the cats
from doing thier bussiness.

Any other possible solutions?

Thanks