Old 17-08-2009, 08:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
len[_3_] len[_3_] is offline

Default Raised Beds

g'day dirtbag,

is this the only space you have for gardens?

a 1' path is enough to walk along so long as the garden plants don't
over hang, for me i like paths around 500mm nearly 2', so i can get a
barrow down there and if plants over hang they can still be walked
past.

where you live there are no termites to worry about? if so part of
termite managemt is not to have anything gardens shrubs what ever any
closer to your house foundations that 2 meters, this zone should be
kept basically as a dry zone with the first meter near the house being
stone covered and then maybe a cement path for the next meter, but no
plantings.

having said that and not knowing what you have to play with? for some
it may be better for you to grow in containers, + a garden no closer
than 2 meters to the house. we have a link to a site that does
container gardens on our site index.

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 22:20:49 +0000 (UTC), DirtBag
wrote:

snipped