Old 18-08-2009, 01:27 AM posted to rec.gardens,aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Secret poison

"F Murtz" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"F Murtz" wrote in message

I had a yucca type thing. I have tried many times to poison it, I cut it
down and tried roundup etc but it always regrew.A while ago tome
professional type persons cut it down and it does not look like
regrowing. What secret poison would they have used?

Probably Tree and Blackberry and other woody weed herbicide with the
active ingredient being Triclopyr.

I just looked at my fathers poison cupboard and found blackberry and tree
killer with triclopyr and one with 2.4.5 T.
Is the second one the one they banned ? or are they both banned in
australia?
Would the 245T one be the better killer?

Hmmm. I can't tell you I'm afraid. I do recall being surprised when I
learned that "Agent Orange" (or a close look alike) was still approved for
agricultural use in Oz but I can't recall whether Agent Orange involved 245T
or 245D or both of them. I did know at the time but it's now slipped my
memory banks.

I'd suggest you do a google to find out.

I've never used 245T so also can't comment on its effectiveness. I have
used Triclopyr and I know that it works. I use it with a paint brush as I
don't want stuff of tree killing strength to get anywhere but the target
plant.