Old 18-08-2009, 10:31 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Worms

"SG1" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 08:48:35 +1000, "SG1" wrote:

I did a spot of weeding round the caulies yesterday & upset a worm.

I hope you gave comfort to the poor worm that you upset! The poor thing
might get suicidal.

Sure did covered up my discovery, so the birds that share the dogs water
would not have a tasty snack. SWMBO found some more in an older part of
the garden. I am amazed how they get there though.....

isn't it brilliant!

i was using the last of a pile of horse poo the other day & it was full of
compost worms, and i thought "how did they get there?" and yet, they do.

sometimes i can be extremely slow-witted (no, really!! ;-) & have spent a
while worrying about the vigour of my worms - when i dig one up by accident,
why do they just lie there?? is there something wrong with them?? the other
day i realised they have to play dead when hauled out into the uncaring
world, otherwise they get eaten immediately.

this realisation only took several years, so i should be an outright genius
by the time i'm 95.
:-)
kylie