Old 18-08-2009, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Fuchsias

:
Loads of growth and greenery but not so many flowers, anyone else ?

kate

Yes. Have concluded that this cool, wet spell has not favoured them. Am
thinking of moving a couple to a lighter warmer spot.

snip

I have fed the smaller ones and they are O.K.ish but my pride and joy
hedge is still looking rather flowerless :-( I think that I will blame
the weather !

kate

Kate, we have a low hedge of F. microphylla and parts of it have been very
slow to get going this year. It had a real bashing in the winter,
survived but sulked for a long time. I don't think the others have been
quite as floriferous, either, other than a variegated one with pale pink
'pagoda' type flowers which is just covered atm. I can't remember its
name but it seems almost to have thrived on the horrible winter, though
it's a bit more sheltered than some others.
--
Sacha

Its looks like I am not alone re. sulking Fuchsias :-) maybe a warm and
sunny autumn will put a smile back on their faces. We have lots of fruit and
nuts to make up for the lack of flowers :-)

kate