Old 18-08-2009, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default I Made a Wasp Trap

In message , Stephen
Wolstenholme writes
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:23:07 +0100, Gordon H
wrote:

I honestly can't remember seeing a wasp this
year.

I've seen a mimic but no real wasps. When I check there aren't many
insects at all in my garden this year. No ants! One solitary hover
fly. Perhaps I need new glasses.

Steve

At the present, butterflies (cabbage white) are in the ascendancy, and
the bees are not as numerous, but they like my sweet peas.
Not many hoverflies, but last week I sat supping tea in next door's
garden, and her granddaughter suddenly exclaimed at the hordes of ants
swarming over the low, shared garden wall.
They were flying ants, and we had a hasty ant-bashing session.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply