Old 18-08-2009, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What to do with windfall apples?

In article ,
Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:

I made five gallons of apple wine, in 1990. Delicious, it was, and
I'm still finding the odd bottle of it here and there in the attic...

I made a gallon of peapod wine round about 1963. Disgusting it was,
so I kept one bottle to see what aging would do and poured the rest
away. Well, I was living with my mother then, who died many years
later; my brother found the bottle when clearing up and ceremoniously
presented it to me. It is now residing in my workshop, as a present
for any grandchildren.

Anything like apple wine would have a different fate ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.