Old 18-08-2009, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Dogs on lawns :-(

In message , Al
writes
For many years our lawn has suffered from yellow patches caused by our
dogs weeing :-( Never been able to find a cure.

Well, they used to say that bottles or open bowls of water placed where the
dog pees will stop them. They won't risk polluting a source of water
apparently. But it's probably just folklore.

Al.

Following our border collie bitch with a bucket of water didn't stop the
damage, but your suggestion might work.

I used to put bread spread with honey on the lawn for the foxes, and
they almost invariably used to pee on it and sniff around before
returning to eat it. It was one way I could tell the difference
between dog fox and vixen when I checked out the security camera
recordings. :-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply