Old 19-08-2009, 12:31 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
info info is offline

Default Pond cleaning day

Pete C wrote:

ReelMcKoi wrote:
"Elizabeth" wrote in message
Hi everybody.
Oh my, I'm so behind on reading the posts....
Anyway, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a pond vac. I couldn't
resist. It was on sale and free shipping. Boy am I happy about it! 3
ho urs later, two years of sludge is gone! he he
Didn't have to move the fish and only had to replace about 4 inches
of water.... less than 20%
Sheesh, remind me why I didn't get that thing 10 years ago?

Elizabeth (slightly sunburned but happy as a clam) in Baton Rouge

=======
Aren't you doing partial water changes every few weeks anyway?

I've never done a partial change. Top ups for evaporation, that's all.
Proper filtration is the answer.

Except filtration won't reduce the stuff that builds up. Nitrates and salt
for example.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.