Old 20-08-2009, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
Gloria P Gloria P is offline

Default Dry looking fungus on my cucumber leaves

Paul M. Cook wrote:
Lots of dusty gray patches on many leaves. Did not notice this until today.
What is it and what can I do about it? Weather is warm and dry in SoCal,
cool nights.

Powdery mildew, fairly common on vine crops like cucumber, squash,
and pumpkins. It usually occurs near the end of the growing season.

The cure depends on how much you approve of chemicals
on your garden. A garden center should have a mildewcide.

gloria p