Old 20-08-2009, 02:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Growing worms

"SteveB" wrote in message
I would like to have worms around here so when I go fishing, I don't have
to drive a far distance and buy them. I googled, and they say to lay a
refrigerator on its side and use that for a home. Fill it with good dirt
they describe. Keep it in a cool shady place and keep moist. How hard is
it to just get some going in the garden and dig some up when one needs
them? Or is it better to have a fridge thing and have a good habitat for
them? Just how hard are they to get going and keep going?

You will quickly discover that it's a lot less bother and much less costly
to simply spend the couple of bucks now and again to buy worms when you go
fishing... it only pays to become a worm farmer if you intend to make it a
full time business and market worms, mostly wholesale to those like where
you buy your worms. Anyway, you're a gardening failure, you can't even grow
a head of lettuce, how are you going to grow woims. Somehow you remind me
of that weird movie Squirm... Steven B. Squirm! LOL

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/squirm/