Old 19-08-2009, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Timothy Murphy Timothy Murphy is offline

Default Hozelock automatic watering

Alan wrote:

I'm wondering if I could just attach a sprinkler
to the "electronic water timer",
or do I have to use the rather complicated micro-tube system.

Think of the timer as an automatic opening/closing tap. All the
electronics does is open and close a simple valve.

If you can attach your sprinkler straight to your existing tap then you
can attach it to the timer without anything else.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Also, it is not clear to me if one is meant to attach
tap - pressure reducer - water timer
or
tap - water timer - pressure reducer?

tap - timer - sprinkler

That wasn't quite the question.
The kit comes with what is called a pressure reducer,
which is said to improve performance.
But the instructions are ambiguous
as to which side of the timer it goes.
Maybe it doesn't matter ...