Old 20-08-2009, 03:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Can You ID This Flowering Tree?

David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/19/2009 3:03 PM, Brettster wrote:
This is a tree close to my house. The beautiful flowers have a
delightful, unique smell. I'd love to know what they are.

Here's the overall tree:

http://snipurl.com/mysterytree-1

Here's a semi-close view of the flowers:

http://snipurl.com/mysterytree-2

And finally, a close-up (possibly too close!) view of the flower:

http://snipurl.com/mysterytree-3

Thanks for your help!

BB

The leaves remind me of oleander (Nerium oleander). While the flowers
do not have the classic five-petal windmill structure, there are
double-flowered oleanders.

I thought the same but I don't know of any that has a good perfume.

David