Old 20-08-2009, 04:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Dry looking fungus on my cucumber leaves

"Gloria P" wrote in message
Paul M. Cook wrote:
Lots of dusty gray patches on many leaves. Did not notice this until
today. What is it and what can I do about it? Weather is warm and dry in
SoCal, cool nights.

Powdery mildew, fairly common on vine crops like cucumber, squash,
and pumpkins. It usually occurs near the end of the growing season.

The cure depends on how much you approve of chemicals
on your garden. A garden center should have a mildewcide.

gloria p

I picked up an organic 3 in 1 solution. It said it was effective against
powdery mildew. So I applied it. And I blasted my praying mantis square in
the face. Damn. I really like that little guy. I hope he'll be OK. This
stuff is supposed to work againsgt tiny larvae and small isects.

Paul