Old 20-08-2009, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default Hozelock automatic watering

On 2009-08-19 15:27:16 +0100, Timothy Murphy said:

I'm trying to set up a Hozelock de Luxe Auto Kit,
and finding it less than straightforward.
All I really want is to turn on a sprinkler
once or twice a day;
I'm wondering if I could just attach a sprinkler
to the "electronic water timer",
or do I have to use the rather complicated micro-tube system.

Also, it is not clear to me if one is meant to attach
tap - pressure reducer - water timer
or
tap - water timer - pressure reducer?

Any help from hozelock experts gratefully received.

My instruction leaflet is clear. It says:

3. INSTALLING THE SYSTEM:
3.1 Connect to the tap using one of the
methods below:
a). Screw the Pressure Regulator (2760)
directly onto the outside tap.
b). Screw the Pressure Regulator (2760)
onto a water computer already fitted
to the outside tap.

So, when using a timer, connect the timer directly to the tap and the
pressure regulator to the timer.

See also online instructions at
http://www.hozelock.com/uploads/pdf/...0inst%20A5.pdf

By

the way, don't try to connect a micro sprinkler to the mains without
fitting the pressure regulator -- unless you want to blow your
sprinkler into orbit.