Old 20-08-2009, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default fruit trees

On 20 Aug, 12:43, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:15:14 +0100, Roy Bailey wrote:
In article , Kath
writes
What is the best way of preventing deer from eating or damaging fruit trees?

I have found, from bitter experience, that one of the most effective
ways is to string CDs around the trees so that the disks move in the
wind. The flickering from the surfaces is a very good deterrent.

Birds must be brighter than deer, or do you use Val Doonigan and Barry Manilow
Cds instead of AOL free offers?
--

Martin

Venison with apple stuffing, sounds good to me.
David Hill