Old 20-08-2009, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Hugh Jampton Hugh Jampton is offline

Default Raymond |Hubbard

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:05:10 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Guernsey has changed a bit over the years but not half as much as
Jersey. Sark has changed very little, really.

Went to the CI in the late 70's - sailing with my friend in his yacht.
Didn't like Jersey much. Alderney and Guernsey were fine. Sark was
*wonderful*. One of those great moments in my life - I could have stayed
there forever :-)

Also found a little island called Iles Chausey. Fine but the pub closed
when the last ferry left for Granville :-( Anchored off there for the night
and left the next morning for the sail back to Ramsgate.

Memories :-)
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton