Old 16-04-2003, 09:08 PM

Default tall iris?

Getting closer. This description seems to fit very well. I'm guessing
what I have is an older selection. Maybe even a species iris that
contributed to the development fo these Spuria irises. I live in an
old (very old by California standards) neighborhood and this same iris
pops up in untended nooks and crannies along alleys and such.

I will definately look into the Spuria irises, although I'm very
pleased with the elegant look of the white one I have.

Thank you for passing this on.

--gg

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:02:18 +0000 (UTC),
(Carolyn Jean Fairman) wrote:

Sunset had an article on a type of iris that is very tall and has 3-5
blooms per stalk. Could this be the right iris? I didn't see white
shown but it does come in a lot of colors.

http://www.sunset.com/sunset/Premium.../Iris0403.html

--Carolyn

In article ,
wrote:
Near as I can tell I. pseudacorus is yellow and only yellow. This is
white.

Thanks all. I think I'm sticking with I. ochroleuco. Seems the best
fit except for the fact that I grow it fairly dry and it's listed as a
bog iris.

gg