Old 21-08-2009, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I Made a Wasp Trap

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Stephen
Wolstenholme writes
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:12:37 +0100, Gordon H
wrote:

Now I can't find any wasps.
Where can I buy some?

I think the North West has become a wasp free zone. I am assuming you
live somewhere around the Greater Manchester area or did you move?

Steve

No, I'm still here. I honestly can't remember seeing a wasp this
year.

I haven't either but I'd better not speak too soon. I've had a spectacular
crop of plums and damsons this year which are falling on to the path quicker
than I can pick them up. There's only a certain amount I can eat, the
chickens are fed up with them, my neighbours have their own trees, so I'll
just have to sweep them onto the borders and wait for the wasps.

Imagine my horror when I visited my aunt last Sunday - she gave me a carrier
bag full of plums to take home. I was too polite to refuse them but my
thanks were very faint.

Tina