Old 21-08-2009, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I Made a Wasp Trap

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 17:37:06 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

I've had a spectacular crop of plums and damsons this year which are
falling on to the path quicker than I can pick them up. There's only a
certain amount I can eat, the chickens are fed up with them, my
neighbours have their own trees, so I'll just have to sweep them onto
the borders and wait for the wasps.

One word: Jam.

Plums and Damsons are very easy to jam they have enough natural
pectin to form a set without too much bother.

Of course if you don't have any jam jars stored away (but who throws
out jam jars?) you might have a problem finding containers.

--
Cheers
Dave.