Old 22-08-2009, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Minchin Bob Minchin is offline

Default tomatoes - again

Ophelia wrote:
"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Ophelia wrote:
Well me few plants of Tumbler tomatoes have performed very well and we
have been eating them for a week or two. Next time though, I will grow
for flavour rather than size. Any recommendations please?

I like Marmande toms. The big 'ugly' ones.
ideal for eating raw,in a sarni, tomato and onion salad, cooking with,
stuffing etc etc.

Thanks, Bob saved

Tomatoes are one thing I do know a little bit about. My parents had a
tomato nursery near Minehead (or tomato farm as the local yokels call
it). Not sure what variety they grew to sell but Dad always grew
Marmande for home consumption. Too ugly for selling in the market but
delicious especially if eaten still orange not bright red and soft.

Bob