Old 16-04-2003, 09:20 PM
paghat

Default Azalea Care

In article , "Angela Coffey"
wrote:

I have 5 Azalea bushes in front of my house. One is a white double blooming
one. I've noticed that the blooms are turning brown and ugly and wilting.
How do you care for Azaleas? Should I pick off the dead blooms? Will new
blooms come out, kind of like petunias do? Do azaleas bloom all Summer, or
just in the early Spring? I've never had them before, so this is the first
time I've dealt with any Any help/advice is greatly appreciated

Angie

You can pick off the spent blooms when they're not longer attractive,
merely to be rid of them.
It won't bloom again until next spring. So when selecting azaleas, they
should be chosen with an eye to their leaves & the shape of their limbs,
since that's what they're for the rest of the year. If they're deciduous
azaleas they'll have another flourish of color in autumn when the leaves
turn red& yellow & purple.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"