Old 16-04-2003, 09:20 PM
ajames54™

Default Active Carbon

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:24:44 -0400, "BenignVanilla"
m wrote:

"~ jan" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:51:01 -0400, "BenignVanilla" wrote:

What type of filtration does active carbon provide and does it make sense

in
a pond?

I use it, especially in the spring when I don't know how careful my
neighbor is being with his pesticides. Many claim it "polishes" the water.

My thought here was to place it in a bag before the intake of my filter.
This way I can miracle grow the VF, and not worry too much about the MG
making it to the main pond where the fishes are.

BV.

It doesn't work THAT fast... it is an incremental thing... The
vast majority of the water will flow around the carbon ...