Old 22-08-2009, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Harvesting Comfry

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Pete C" contains these words:

I want to make some liquid feed from Comfry. Do I carefully cut
stem/leaf, from top or bottom, or give it a chop with shears down to
6 inches?
TIA

Raze it right down to the ground; it will soon spring up again . I
use an old serrated breadknife.. Ram the whole lot into your
container; it's all going to break down into
a slimey sludge quite soon. Top up with water and ** apply a tight
fitting cover** to reduce the stink and bluebottles .

Janet

Can you give me any idea how much comfry (weight?) for a 5 gallon container?
Then diluted I gather?
Ta
--
Pete C