Old 16-04-2003, 09:20 PM
SeriouslySpicy

Default Wolf Weed Extractor

"Aidan Whitehall" wrote in message
I'm looking for something to remove dandelions from a lawn without having

use Chemicals. I've seen the Wolf Weed Extractor
http://www.wolftools.co.uk/fulldetail.asp?ID=IWA
and it's exactly what I'm after, although this article

http://www.carryongardening.org.uk/p...weed_extractor
says that it leaves large holes in your lawn.

I don't know about the Wolf one specifically, but I thought the idea with
these tools is that you pull out a "plug" containing the weed and push it
back into the hole upside down. This doesn't leave an actual hole in your
lawn, but of course it leaves a small patch of bare soil which hopefully
grasses over before any more weeds land there.

I used this type of tool in our old house - it was quite effective but the
lawn was just too far gone so I ran out of patience. It is probably quite
good if you catch things early. I put down a new lawn in the new house and
so far I haven't needed the tool again. No doubt I will.

www.SeriouslySpicy.com
UK Online Spice Shop