Old 23-08-2009, 07:29 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Pond cleaning day

~ jan wrote:
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:31:55 EDT, info wrote:

I've never done a partial change. Top ups for evaporation, that's
all. Proper filtration is the answer.

Except filtration won't reduce the stuff that builds up. Nitrates
and salt for example. San Diego Joe

And I'll add, hormones, parasites, bad bacteria. Plus the fish need
more than an occassional top off to replace the minerals in fresh
water. ~ jan ------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Jan, I can't argue what you and Joe say. My pond is 4 years old, water
parameters are fine. Fish are healthy, increase each year, and I've never
lost one. I do use a vac maybe twice a year, but that doesn't remove that
much water,
--
Pete C
London UK