Old 23-08-2009, 12:18 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Pond cleaning day

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 02:29:39 EDT, "Pete C" wrote:

Jan, I can't argue what you and Joe say. My pond is 4 years old, water
parameters are fine. Fish are healthy, increase each year, and I've never
lost one. I do use a vac maybe twice a year, but that doesn't remove that
much water,

Well.... and I hate to say this... but I've had other people tell me the
same thing on usenet and then trouble starts about year 5.

Course they weren't always vaccing the mulm off the bottom...

All I can say is what I recommend is what fishvets taught us in the KHA
program and what people who have had koi longer than I have learned over
their years. Just keep it in mind if you do start to have any problems.
Check your parameters... and even if good, do a water change. They do
remove parasites, if for no other reason. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us