Old 23-08-2009, 06:08 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Killing Ivy

"Billy" wrote in message
In article 31,
Bert Byfield wrote:

What's good for killing ivy without harming nearby fruit trees?
The neighbouring land (not someone's garden) has a couple of
seriously overgrown ivy plants and they're growing onto my
property and also growing all over the fruit trees next to them.
I'd like some sort off weedkiller to kill them that won't harm the
trees.

You could just locate the places where they connect to the earth and
cut them there. They need roots.

You folks haven't dealt with ivy before, have you? Nothing short of
pulling it out by the roots will slow it down.
--

Yes I have. If pulling it out by the roots is the remedy, pull it out by the
roots .......... once it has rooted on your land.

Where is the problem? Too much like hard work? Concrete everything over then
and paint it green

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk