Old 16-04-2003, 09:32 PM

Default tall iris?

I followed the links on Sunset's page and googled Spuria Irises. This
looks like what I'm looking for. I do not find what I have among the
named hybrids, but that's to be expected given the recent dates they
have. Mine do look like some of the white named varieties w/o the
ruffled petals. More subtle in their beauty.

Of the species I find it looks a bit like I. orientalis, but not
exactly. Anyway, I have learned a lot and learned about a group of
very interesting looking irises that I will follow up on.

Thanks again to all.

gg

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:02:18 +0000 (UTC),
(Carolyn Jean Fairman) wrote:

Sunset had an article on a type of iris that is very tall and has 3-5
blooms per stalk. Could this be the right iris? I didn't see white
shown but it does come in a lot of colors.

http://www.sunset.com/sunset/Premium.../Iris0403.html

--Carolyn

In article ,
wrote:
Near as I can tell I. pseudacorus is yellow and only yellow. This is
white.

Thanks all. I think I'm sticking with I. ochroleuco. Seems the best
fit except for the fact that I grow it fairly dry and it's listed as a
bog iris.

gg