Old 23-08-2009, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Harris[_2_] Steve Harris[_2_] is offline

Default What to do with windfall apples? Curiouser and Curiouser

In article ,
(Steve Harris) wrote:

My 'Ashmeads Kernal' is well loaded with fruit and harvest is scheduled
for mid-October.

Thanks for the replies! I decided to sample one of the fruit:

* Some of has red colouration - unlike the standard 'Ashmeads Kernal'
* No russetting?
* Tastes Ok - better than some ordinary apples but lacking the sharp
sweetness I have come to expect of AK
* This is nearly 2 months before the "official" picking time!!!

So I shall be eating any undamaged windfalls myself :-)

Steve Harris - Cheltenham - To get my real address, remove one fruit