Old 23-08-2009, 10:31 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRRC View Post
My daughter is getting married early next june.
The reception is in the garden (marquee and all that).

What plants/bulbs or whatebver do I need to plant , and when, to get a
suitably fantastic show for the occassion?

(Most of the garden curently does not come into its full splendour until
July)

We live in Southport.- hte winters are -on the whole- quite mild though we
always get the odd frost or two in january.

all advice most greatfully received
The last person I know who tried to do this had a terrible time as nothing was ready on the day. Be prepared to do some last minute garden centre shopping and drop pots of flowering plants into the borders where needed.