Old 23-08-2009, 11:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Killing Ivy

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 13:15:40 +0100, "Colin" wrote:

What's good for killing ivy without harming nearby fruit trees?
The neighbouring land (not someone's garden) has a couple of seriously
overgrown ivy plants and they're growing onto my property and also growing
all over the fruit trees next to them. I'd like some sort off weedkiller to
kill them that won't harm the trees.

Wait until a soaking rain and pull out the ivy by hand. I have a pair
of leather garden gloves for such occasions. You can also cut the ivy
vines near the ground. A different method for poison ivy, though.